• NEW Giant Lego storage boxes

by  • Thursday, June 10, 2010 • Decorating and interiors, Lovely websites, News, Stylish shopping • 51 Comments

This year kicked off with a massive film-related Alice in Wonderland trend, which, as we all know,  involved a lot of teacups, playing cards, bunny rabbits and a general obsession with scale. This summer, GIGANTIC accessories are still HUGE (ha ha) as this brand new collection from Lego (available from Store this August) proves…

Check out the hilarious storage head (reminds me of that freaky Little Joseph candle holder…!) – perfect for storing – well, Lego bricks I suppose. Or pasta?! Or marbles, if you’ve lost them…

A large box will be £23, and a smaller one will be £14 – the head will set you back £17. The best thing is, all the boxes including the head have real Lego clip-together knobbly bits (this sounds slightly dodge but you know what I mean and the correct terminology is eluding me!!) so you can build away merrily, pretending you’re Arrietty. HOW cool. Is. That. – Ellie

51 Responses to NEW Giant Lego storage boxes

1. Thursday, June 10, 2010 at 10:07 pm

They do look cool, but they also look like some overgrown child has left his toys scattered around the room and has yet to tidy up! However, it may also make tidying up the toys more fun for the kids if they had these to put them in?

2. Thursday, June 10, 2010 at 10:07 pm

3. Pingback: Sweet Adventure

4. Pingback: Sweet Adventure

5. Pingback: ChiGarden

6. Pingback: ChiGarden

7. Victoria
      Wednesday, June 16, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Where can i purchase these as looked on store and not listed .
      Many thanks
      Victoria

• homeshoppingspy
        Wednesday, June 16, 2010 at 1:35 pm

Hi Victoria, as we said in the post I’m afraid these aren’t out until August – this is a sneak preview. Hope you get your hands on them soon! Ellie x

8. Victoria
      Wednesday, June 16, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Where can i purchase these as looked on store and not listed .
      Many thanks
      Victoria

• homeshoppingspy
        Wednesday, June 16, 2010 at 1:35 pm

9. Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 10:31 am

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback on my new LEGO storage boxes. My plan was to have them for sale on our website and in STORE early August but the good news is I may have the first batch finished mid July…watch this space.

Yes indeed the photos were soooo hard to set-up and get a good sense of scale without making it look like we were shooting a tiny bed and desk rather than giant lego pieces!

Thanks for the interest and comments
      Simon @ STORE

• Simona
        Friday, September 10, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Simon, I checked your website and wanted to place my order – it seems there’s no way to have the lego boxes delivered to Italy?? please advise! thanks! Simona

10. Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 10:31 am

Hi All,

Thanks for the interest and comments
      Simon @ STORE

• Simona
        Friday, September 10, 2010 at 12:49 pm

11. Angela
      Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Kids room??? I want them in mine!!!

12. Angela
      Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Kids room??? I want them in mine!!!

13. Sarri
      Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 1:27 pm

They’re amazing, not for kids, I want them..

And props for the Borrowers reference!

14. Sarri
      Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 1:27 pm

They’re amazing, not for kids, I want them..

And props for the Borrowers reference!

15. Pingback: Bambino Goodies

16. Pingback: Bambino Goodies

17. Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 5:45 pm

I think you’re right Angela and Sarri, they make for great storage boxes for big kids too in a ’70s retro kind of way!

We also took some nice photos of them in a living room too as well as the shots above. Apart from looking GREAT, I think that they’re going to be a great idea for clearing the clutter of magazines and newspapers or maybe to tidy away DVD and CDs etc.

Simon @ STORE

18. Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Simon @ STORE

19. Pingback: laMotif

20. Pingback: laMotif

21. Pingback: Kim Gray Stylist, Cape Town South Africa

22. Pingback: Kim Gray Stylist, Cape Town South Africa

23. Diane Litvak
      Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 12:50 am

Please let me know when they’re on sale!

• Friday, August 20, 2010 at 8:47 am

Hi Diane et al

I’m pleased to say we’re now “up and running and have plenty of giant Lego storage brick boxes in lots of funky colours on the shelves of our shop.

We’ve had lots of requests for lime green and black too (which I’ve not had made yet) but these’ll be on their way in late Sept.

Kind Regards and thanks again for the interest and comments

Simon @ STORE

24. Diane Litvak
      Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 12:50 am

Please let me know when they’re on sale!

• Friday, August 20, 2010 at 8:47 am

Hi Diane et al

Kind Regards and thanks again for the interest and comments

Simon @ STORE

25. Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 11:37 pm

They are pretty cool, the issue we had when we used tubs was we still had the issue with trying to get the kids to pick the LEGO after they had finished playing….It drove us crazy so we started to produce a playmat & LEGO storage solution it one, check out the gogosac http://www.gogoandco.com/cart/toy-storage/gogosac
      perhaps a combo of both a gogosac that then fits on the huge lego tubs now theres an ideas…

26. Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 11:37 pm

27. Debbie
      Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 12:10 am

How much to ship to the US?

Thanks!
      Deb

• CHARI PITTS
        Friday, November 19, 2010 at 2:53 am

I’D LIKE TO KNOW THE SAME!

28. Debbie
      Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 12:10 am

How much to ship to the US?

Thanks!
      Deb

• CHARI PITTS
        Friday, November 19, 2010 at 2:53 am

I’D LIKE TO KNOW THE SAME!

29. Bonnie Edwards
      Monday, October 25, 2010 at 10:56 am

I need the legos boxes…please tell me how to order them for Christmas, 2010. They are so cool…help please!

30. Bonnie Edwards
      Monday, October 25, 2010 at 10:56 am

31. CHARI PITTS
      Friday, November 19, 2010 at 2:51 am

CAN WE GET THESE TO THE US?!?!?

32. CHARI PITTS
      Friday, November 19, 2010 at 2:51 am

CAN WE GET THESE TO THE US?!?!?

33. Laura
      Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Simon,

Did you make the letters in the background, “L” and “E”? Or did you purchase them from somewhere? If you could post a link to the site of purchase or if made for the photo shoot could you post the dimensions and materials I would greatly appreciate it. I would have loved to purchase them from the Store, but it seems they are not sold there.

Thanks for any help!

34. Laura
      Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Simon,

Thanks for any help!

35. SHARI HART
      Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Are these Lego storage bricks available in the US yet?

Shari

36. SHARI HART
      Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Are these Lego storage bricks available in the US yet?

Shari

37. Rhys
      Tuesday, March 1, 2011 at 5:31 am

I was just wondering what are the dimenosons (how big are they)of the lego bricks box???

38. Rhys