• Typefaces treat

by  • Wednesday, October 28, 2009 • Craft, Stylish shopping • 8 Comments

Obsessed with Helvetica? Got a thing for Wing Dings? Fancy a bit of Futura? If you’re a typefaces geek like me, check out this gorgeous new book: Type, A Visual History of Typefaces and Graphic Styles. It’s a beautiful hard-back book, crying out to be cooed over – the kind of tome that deserves pride of place on your coffee table stack.

typography3Apart from the fact that this is a fascinating read all about the history of fonts and a lovely visual book to own and cherish, there’s another reason why I love it. Each copy comes with a unique access code to a huge online library of high-resolution graphics and typefaces, which you can download and use for free!

typography1Perfect for cheap wall art – I’m going to print a few vintage typeface specimen sheets out and frame them. And imagine the Crafting Potential! I plan to use the downloads to make some personalised stationery, vintage-style Christmas cards, cute labels for homemade jam…and some of the downloads feature vintage chemist labels, which you could print out and glue to jam jars or glass bottles for cheap yet lovely bathroom accessories. Hurrah! – Ellie

typography2

8 Responses to Typefaces treat

1. Patchwork Harmony
      Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 5:30 pm

oooo! the possibilities! love it! x

2. Patchwork Harmony
      Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 5:30 pm

oooo! the possibilities! love it! x

3. Megan
      Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 11:22 am

That book looks great. What a find. I’m sitting here thinking about all the things i could make with the free downloads.

4. Megan
      Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 11:22 am

5. Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 4:55 am

Thanks for posting the great graphics inside this book, they caught my eye while googling for vintage labels! I am buying it tonight as it’s right up my alley.

Please visit my blog if you like the free downloads of vintage graphics, I have tons for the taking! You can find a link to most in my sidebar.

6. Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 4:55 am